Monthly Membership Meetings
Join us at 6:30 pm on the First Thursday of each month at Juergen’s Hall (26026 Hempstead Road Cypress, TX 77429).
Our 2017 meeting topics will be listed shortly. If you are interested in joining CFWC, please feel free to attend any of the dates below and meet with our membership committee.
- January 5
- February 2
- Join us for the February club meeting to hear best-selling author and professional speaker Shawn Galloway discuss personal goal setting. Already feel like you’re failing your new year’s resolutions? Keep setting goals but don’t finish them or find you never even start them? Then you definitely don’t want to miss this speaker! Shawn is going to talk to us about how to set goals and stick to them so we can set ourselves up for success – whether it’s eating healthier, aiming for a promotion at work, or learning a new skill. Come and enjoy this exciting presentation and bring any questions you have about goal setting.
- March 2
- Are you planning properly for retirement? Think you know how much you need to have saved? be sure to attend the March club meeting to hear expert financial planners, Riley and Sarah, from AXA Advisors discuss how to plan realistically and make retirement happen.
- April 6
- We’re excited to host an instructor from Ahlam Academy at our April club meeting to talk to us about belly dancing. Our guest speaker will share the history of belly dance and teach us some beginner moves. Belly dancing was created by women, for women, to celebrate all body types, ages, and skill levels. Come dressed in comfy clothes. Get ready to shake and shimmy and share a few laughs!
- May 4
- Our scholarship recipients will be honored at our May club meeting.
- June 1
- Join us for our June meeting at HEB Tuckerton. We will be watching a cooking demonstration and wine pairing. The chefs, wine managers, and other talented staff at HEB have prepared a delicious menu for us. This event does require the purchase of a ticket to attend.
- July 6
- Join us at the July meeting for our speakers from the Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center. They will be speaking to us about breast cancer awareness and general women’s health. This will be a very informative presentation and important information for all women to know!
- August 3
- At the August meeting we’ll welcome speakers from Lindsay’s Light. This is a part of Shield Bearer that speaks specifically about dating violence. Their dating violence prevention program has been delivered to over 20,000 students in high schools, churches, and community centers. Every year over 2,000 people suffer violent deaths at the hands of an intimate partner. Over half of high school students are or know someone who is a victim of dating violence. Some signs may not be as obvious as you might think. This will be a very powerful and informative meeting. Please bring any daughters, nieces, or neighbors who are in high school or who may be heading to college.
- September 7
- Our September meeting will be dedicated to preparing for Shop ‘Til You Drop. Be sure to attend so you know the procedures and rules for volunteering at STYD and verify your work schedule. There will be no program for this meeting.
- October 5
- Our October meeting is our annual pillow sewing event. Instead of a program, we will be stuffing, sewing, and pinning breast cancer pillows for patients who are going through chemotherapy. These hand-made pillows mean so much to the medical centers we donate them to as well as to the patients who receive them. We love to have all of our members attend to contribute to this worthy cause.
- November 2
- The November meeting will be our meeting to prepare for the upcoming year – very important! We will be reviewing the bylaws, electing new board members, and reviewing general procedures. Due to the fact that we don’t know how much time will be needed to complete the business meeting portion, our program will consist of a fun and lighthearted game. Depending on the amount of time left, we may play bunco, tele-pictionary, bingo, or something else, but rest assured there will be prizes for the winners of whatever game we play.
- December 7
- Holiday party! Stay tuned for information on purchasing tickets as a member or guest.